Learn the basics of using Soundtrap, an online music studio that allows you to create and collaborate wherever you are! RCRC used Soundtrap for all of our virtual programs this year, and we had fun exploring a new program that allowed us to still create music together.
We’ll go through an overview of how to navigate the platform, and then break into small groups with short songwriting prompts to experiment and create!
What we’ll cover:
- creating a free account in RCRC’s EDU domain
- how to use the patterns beatmaker
- using the built-in keyboard and instruments
- adding Soundtraps available pre-made loops
- recording live instruments directly in Soundtrap
- creating projects collaboratively with other users
This event will be led by Mandy Goldberg, RCRC’s Program Manager. While she is certainly not an expert in Soundtrap, she’s familiar enough to go through the basics and will give more in-depth questions her best shot!