- 2019 Session I Orientation Packet
- 2019 Session II Orientation Packet
- General Camp Schedule
- Session 1: July 15-19, Showcase on July 20. Click here to buy tickets.
- Session 2: July 22-26, Showcase on July 27. Click here to buy tickets.
DATE: Saturday, July 20th 2019
TIME: Doors at 12:00pm (campers arrive at 12:00pm sharp), show starts at 12:30pm.
WHERE: The Crocodile, 2200 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121
- PARKING: Please leave adequate time to find parking or travel via public transportation! There is limited street parking available; carpooling or public transportation are strongly recommended.
- PAID LOTS are available at 1st Ave. between Bell St. & Blanchard St., 1st Ave. between Blanchard St. & Lenora St., 3rd Ave. & Virginia St., and 1st Ave. & Stewart St.
- BUS LINES: 3, 4, 24, 33, 40, 62, 75, 120, C Line, D Line and more
- TICKETS: This will be a SOLD OUT show! Please purchase your tickets well in advance of the showcase date. The cost is $10 for adults. Campers get in free with their RCRC lanyard that will be given to them on the first day of camp. Additional youth tickets for siblings or friends are $5 each. Tickets can be purchased throughout the week at Camp or online for Session 1 or Session 2.
- If you are a parent or guardian and are unable to afford a ticket, please contact [email protected] ASAP for details.
- Is seating available?
- Unfortunately, no seating will be available on the main floor of the venue. Some seats are available on the balcony.
- Will there be an afterparty?
- The after party will take place immediately after the Showcase in the Back Bar of the Crocodile. This will be an informal gathering for campers, volunteers, family members and friends with pizza available by suggested donation.
- Does my camper need to bring their own lunch to camp?
- Yes, please have your camper bring a lunch to camp every day. If you need to have one provided by RCRC, please email [email protected] and we are happy to prepare one.
- Can I just drive up and drop off/pick up my camper at camp?
- No! For the Monday of camp, we need to have you physically come with your camper to check-in in the morning and to pick-up in the afternoon. For Tuesday-Friday, you are only required to physically come inside with your camper for check-out. In the camper forms (emailed to you), please tell us who is authorized to pick up your camper. The camp counselor assigned to your camper will make sure that only those authorized people are picking up your camper each day. There is plenty of street parking for this, so please do not block loading areas, driveways, or other restricted areas even if you are just coming in for a minute.
- Who should I list as approved to pick up my camper?
- Everyone you can think of who could possibly pick up your camper! This includes all guardians, significant others, visiting relatives, neighbors, parents of friends, etc. We will only release your camper to an authorized person listed on the waiver form. Older campers may only self-checkout with your permission on the waiver form.
- We are running late in the morning, who can we contact?
- Please contact the Front Desk by 8:30am if at any time during the week of camp your camper is going to be late or absent. You can call or text 206 437 2365.
- Who can I contact during the camp week if I need to get ahold of staff or my camper?
- If you have any concerns or questions about any aspect of your camper’s experience at camp, please call our Summer Camp Front Desk at 206-437-2365. Campers are asked to turn off their cell phones during the week out of respect to the other campers and volunteers, so you may also contact them via the Front Desk.