Make a Difference- Sign Up to Volunteer at Ladies Rock Camp
Help us make this fall’s Ladies Rock Camp the best one yet, and apply to be a volunteer at LRC!
What is Ladies Rock Camp? Ladies Rock Camp (LRC) is a weekend day camp at that serves as a fundraiser for Rain City Rock Camp for Girls. LRC is an opportunity for ladies 19 and over to let loose for the weekend and play rockin’ music together. Campers choose an instrument, receive instruction, form a band, and work together to write an original song that they will play to a live audience at Nectar Lounge on Sunday. Over the course of the weekend there are also a variety of workshops on topics related to being a woman who rocks, and how to break down barriers together as a community.
At Ladies Rock Camp, we are working to:
- To strengthen the rock camp community (quantity of people and quality of relationships)
- To develop a common language among adults about music, bands, media literacy, and women’s issues in music so that RCRC girls are hearing consistent messages from mentors
- To give women a space to focus on their own personal growth
Here are some of the important dates:
- Set-up on Thursday, September 19
- Camp Friday, September 20-Sunday, September 22
- Showcase on Sunday, September 22
- Break-down on Monday, September 23
Come join us, and help us to make it a weekend to remember for the campers! Here’s a little taste of what Ladies Rock Camp is all about: