APPLICATIONS FOR 2022-23 ATV COHORT ARE CLOSED
Amplified Teen Voices (ATV) is Rain City Rock Camp’s teen leadership program. The group centers and supports youth of marginalized genders of high school age who have participated at least one RCRC youth program and who are committed to amplifying RCRC’s mission in our community and beyond.
For 2022-2023 ATV will be a hybrid program of in-person meetings at the Rock Camp office (Central District, Seattle) with a virtual option as needed. We are available for technical support; please let us know in your application how we can collaborate virtually with you.
As an ATV member, you’ll have the opportunity to
- build strong peer-to-peer relationships with like-minded teens interested in music, the arts, leadership and activism
- assist RCRC in building action-oriented, relevant, youth-driven programming
- connect and work with youth leaders from other area organizations
- provide a crucial voice in how RCRC works with youth and our direction as an organization
- work with experienced mentors to expand leadership skills
- exploring the more technical side of music and equipment, including how to fix, maintain and build musical gear
- act in a leadership role during our summer and year-round youth programming
As an organization, we are heavily invested in creating a diverse, dynamic group of teen leaders and are eager to reduce barriers to participation in all of our programs. To that end, ATV members will receive a monetary stipend, contingent on attendance at regular meetings, events and participation in our summer internship program.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
Have attended at least one RCRC youth program
Will be in high school (14-18 years old) at the start of the program (November 2022)
Black, Indigenous, People of Color and gender expansive individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.