Amplified Teen Voices (ATV) is Rain City Rock Camp’s teen leadership program. The group centers and supports youth of marginalized genders ages 14 to 17 who have participated at least one RCRC youth program and who are committed to amplifying RCRC’s mission in our community and beyond.
For 2022, all ATV programming will be virtual on Zoom until we can gather together safely in-person or with hybrid events. We are available for technical support; please let us know in your application how we can collaborate virtually with you.
Our adult mentors Dani Crivello-Chang and Parker Pavitt will be learning alongside ATV team members as they make deeper connections, take action to support marginalized voices in the music community, and prepare to be leaders at camp and in life. This also includes dynamic new leadership training and gear-knowledge curriculum as well as opportunities to work with other like-minded organizations to make real change in our community and beyond.
As an ATV member, you’ll have the opportunity to
- build strong peer-to-peer relationships with like-minded teens interested in music, the arts, leadership and activism;
- assist RCRC in building action-oriented, relevant, youth-driven programming;
- connect and work with youth leaders from other area organizations;
- provide a crucial voice in how RCRC works with youth and our direction as an organization;
- work with experienced mentors to expand leadership skills;
- exploring the more technical side of music and equipment, including how to fix, maintain and build musical gear; and
- act in a leadership role during our summer and year-round youth programming.
As an organization, we are heavily invested in creating a diverse, dynamic group of teen leaders and are eager to reduce barriers to participation in all of our programs. To that end, the 2022 cohort of ATV members will receive a monetary stipend, contingent on attendance at regular meetings, events and participation in our summer internship program.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
Have attended at least one RCRC youth program
Will be 14-17 years of age by February 10th, 2022
Committed to attending meetings twice per month
Black, Indigenous, People of Color and gender expansive individuals are strongly encouraged to apply!