Connect, create, build community
Update: Thank you all for an incredible Fall 2020 program! We had so much fun learning & collaborating alongside all of our students, teaching artists, and guest performers. Check out our Soundcloud site where the RCRS Showcase tracks are available now!
Our goal for Rain City Rock School (RCRS, named by one of our campers) is to help build real connections and support students’ creative engagement during a challenging school year. We’re going to keep rocking it out with instrument instruction, band formation, dance parties and workshops to help keep students engaged and connected to each other!
What you can expect from RCRS:
- Instrument instruction—We’ll provide the instrument if you don’t have one!
- Song creation in bands using Soundtrap
- Anti-racist discussions and activities using This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell as a guide
- Fun, wacky, & empowering programming with a focus on building relationships even across virtual landscapes
- A Power-Up Pack complete with Tour Guide, lanyard, and book to make the experience come to life
- Direct technology assistance and staff support—We are happy to loan technology as needed, and committed to ensuring that access to a device will not be a barrier to participation in RCRC’s after-school program.
- 5 weeks of programming, twice weekly after school, culminating in an online showcase!
Rain City Rock Camp has always been about creating an empowering, safe space where participants can express themselves authentically and fully. Through all the unknowns of 2020, we’ve learned that music, community, and activism are more important than ever. We want to continue to create that space for youth and the Rock Camp community during the school year.
When? Tuesdays- Instrument Instruction, Thursdays- Band practice | 4:00-6:00 PM PST
5 WEEKS: November 10 – December 17
**No program Thanksgiving week, 11/24 & 11/26
**Showcase on Thursday 12/17
We’ll be mailing Power-Up Packs for participants to make sure you have what you need to participate.
Who? RCRS is open to girls (cis and trans) and gender expansive youth (ages 8 – 17) who are interested in learning an instrument and collaborating in a band!
Tuition for Rain City Rock School is on a sliding scale, as always. Cost for this program is $150-0. Submit your Payment Pledge here after receiving your enrollment notification. We appreciate you giving what you can so we can continue empowering womxn, girls (cis and trans) and gender expansive folks now and far into the future.
Still have questions? We’re here to help! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206 437 2365.