What is the Umbrella?
Located next door to our administrative office in the historic and culture-rich Central District neighborhood, The Umbrella is our hub for small group in-person programming, community workshops, and band practice space. Our goal is to invite people in to create new things, learn from each other, and to continue to nurture our music and social justice community. We are thrilled to be able to offer this programming space to our community as a resource and to continue to connect and grow together for folx of marginalized genders, both youth and adults. We cannot wait to see you next door.
Members of Amplified Teen Voices paint a large mural on the Umbrella wall.
Community Use: Rent the Umbrella
Interested in renting the Umbrella for band practice or a group meeting? Fill out the form below, and a staff member will be in touch with you to confirm and proceed with the next steps in the rental process.
Band Practice Rental (Please note that the space is available to youth bands for free.)
- Hourly Practice Rate: $20-30/hour (Best for one or two rehearsals leading up to a show)
- Monthly Practice Rate: $175-$275 (Up to 2 practices per week)
- Gear: The Umbrella practice space can come with as much equipment as you need for your practice at no extra charge, including: PA system, guitar and bass amps, instruments, full drum kit
- Room size: comfortably fits 3-4 people and their gear.
Community Organization or Meeting Rental
The Umbrella has a full kitchen, table, chairs, projector, and more in a cozy space that will make your meeting or event truly rock.
- Hourly Rate: $20-30/hour (Best for individual events)
- Monthly Meeting/Event Rate: $175-$275 (Up to 2 meetings per week)