Your Time Is the Most Valuable Gift You Can Give
Without our community of passionate volunteers, Rain City Rock Camp could not exist. We recently won BECU’s Member Volunteer of the Year Award, and we are proud of our loyal and engaged community of volunteers!
We’re always in need of volunteers with diverse perspectives and diverse skill sets. Rain City Rock Camp couldn’t be successful without all the talented, passionate volunteers who come together to make our programs special.
COVID-19 Response: It is with a lot of excitement and confidence that we announce that Adult Rock Camp and Summer Camp will also be held virtually for 2021! The safety of our campers, volunteers, and staff comes first. The current rate of community spread and rollout of the vaccine does not lead us to believe that hosting camp in-person is feasible.
As we learned throughout this past year of successful online programs, the positive encouragement and skills of volunteers makes a huge difference in bringing the online camp experience to life.
Learn more about which RCRC volunteer opportunity might be the best fit for you!
JOIN THE RAIN CITY ROCK CAMP BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
The mission of RCRC is to empower girls, women, and gender-expansive individuals to engage their creative potential through music, champion equity, and thrive in a community of allies and activists. As a small organization, we rely on our board to work closely with staff both to set policy and the future direction for our growth, and also to act as a “working board.” If you want to be involved with actively moving the future of RCRC forward, this is the role for you.
WE ASK OUR BOARD TO:
- Provide governance, engage in strategic planning, contribute to fundraising efforts, and fiduciary oversight and financial management.
- Actively contribute by preparing for, attending, and conscientiously participating in board meetings, serving on at least one committee (Fundraising, Community Engagement, Racial Equity, Finance, Board Development and Strategic Planning), and engaging with RCRC’s programming events.
- Understand the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs and serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for RCRC to advance its mission.
- We’re particularly looking for board members who represent traditionally marginalized identities such as black, indigenous and people of color [BIPOC], trans folks, nonbinary folks, and folks with disabilities as well as parents of RCRC campers. Previous experience with finance, marketing, racial equity and inclusion is a plus.
- Number of current board members: 8
- How many additional board members are needed: 3-5
- Meeting time and frequency: 1 full board meeting the last Thursday evening of every month, monthly meetings for sub-committees, as well as 1-day annual retreat and the annual Gala. Additional ad hoc meetings.
- Meeting location: Currently completely virtual; may transition to in-person optional when appropriate.
- Time Expectation: 6-8 hours per month between board meetings, committee work, and volunteerism for the organization.
- Financial Contribution: We ask our board to make a contribution to the organization that is personally significant to them, as well as actively supporting fundraising efforts.
- Length of Term: Two years per term; Three term limit
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE BOARD?
Contact Morgan Chosnyk, RCRC Board Development Committee Chair at [email protected] to learn more and to receive an application. Priority application deadline for 2022 board service term 9/30/2021.
Dates: 2021 Session I: July 12–17 / 2021 Session II: July 19–24
We rely on a dedicated and enthusiastic crew of volunteers to make Summer Camp a success each year. Our Summer Camp volunteers are camp counselors, instrument instructors, band coaches, mental health crew members, and media team members.
South South Rocks
Location: Check back in 2022
Dates: Check back in 2022
For virtual programs in 2021, South Sound Rocks! has been merged with Summer Camp. One thing we love about online programming is that geography is no longer a barrier– you can join Rain City Rock Camp from anywhere! We love our South Sound community and were thrilled to see you all online at Summer Camp.
Volunteer at Adult Rock Camp
Location: TBD; in-person as possible for COVID-19 safety
Dates: TBD; spring 2022 (learn more here)
We need lots of folks to help make ARC an amazing experience for our campers, including workshop leaders, live performers, instrument instructors, and band coaches.
RCRC year-round volunteer positions are opportunities for people seeking academic credit, job training, and volunteer experience. These volunteers serve in research, gear assistance, procurement, outreach and administrative capacities.
Please note that the RCRC office is currently closed to all but essential staff, so any volunteer opportunities will remain remote.
Our Nondiscrimination Policy
Rain City Rock Camp does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, or gender identity or expression in the administration of any of its educational programs, admissions policies, scholarships, camp-related policies and programs, and volunteer/employment-related policies and activities.
We especially encourage individuals womxn (cis or trans) and gender expansive individuals of color to apply for leadership positions at camp on our career page.